Happy Friday! I guess I’m completely shocked at the news that my little space on the internet now has over 800 followers. I can’t believe it!
Thank you so much for all the support. I know I say this all the time. I do genuinely feel so humbled. There are some amazing blogs out there, as well as amazing bloggers that I’m so lucky to have stumbled across. I feel quite privileged to know you all.
Also, without sounding horribly soppy, there are some bloggers that have been with me since my first post over two years ago now. Thanks for sticking with me and leaving me messages when I’ve been absent. It means everything. (I’m clearly emotional anyway because my Year 11s are finishing today, pretty much!)
So, because there are 800 people following me, I thought I would give you 8 bookish facts about me.
1. I still haven’t stopped talking about the new Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone covers. It’s only 10 days now until the birthday. Can. Not. Wait.
2. I’m currently reading the third instalment of The Sinclair’s Mysteries by Katherine Woodfine. These have to be some of the most beautiful covers ever. I owe finding these books so a blogger as well. Thank you Claire, as always.
3. I really get invested into characters when I’m reading. I’ll love them, hate them, feel frustrated with them, want to knock some sense into them, want to be a part of their ‘gang’ etc. It feels like I actually know them. Which may seem slightly crazy…
4. Whenever people buy me books, I like them to sign it and date it at least on the inside. A little message is always lovely to receive. It becomes a keepsake and I treasure them forever. However, my mum refuses to do this! She’s also stopped buying me books because apparently it’s too difficult. Hmm.
5. I tend to carry a book around with me. You never know when you may get chance to read something.
6. The first and only proper author I’ve ever met was Jacqueline Wilson. I loved her growing up. I’ve got 3 books signed by her too. She’s so lovely!
7. I’ve got a vast collection of book marks. I tend to pick them up wherever I go really. I’ll keep an eye out for pretty ones too.
8. I have a genuine belief that books can change lives. Nothing will make me question that. Ever.
So that’s that! 8 bookish facts for my 800 super followers! I guess that just leaves me to say thank you! Enjoy Friday everyone! Make it a good one!
Big love xxx
Filed under Blog, Follows
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas filled with love and happiness. I had a lovely day with my parents and a flying visit to my nan. It was just wonderful really. I wish the same for you all too.
I couldn’t believe it when I saw I reached 700 followers on Christmas Day. I’m so shocked! I don’t think I deserve 700 lovely followers. I’m unpredictable, unreliable almost, but with the best intentions and a lot of love for this community. Thank you for continuing to stick by me even though I vanish for weeks on end. I promise you I am trying to sort my work/life balance. I’ll get there eventually.
Anyway, you guys are so awesome! To show my appreciation, I’ve uploaded a picture of my gorgeous bunny, Smudge in his Christmas hat. I hope you find this as cute as I do!
Big love to all xx
Filed under Blog, Follows
So, I woke up to two amazing notifications this morning….
Firstly, my little blog now has 500 followers!! What?! That’s crazy! Thanks so much everyone for stopping by and just being a huge part of my blogging experience. I can honestly say that this platform is so supportive and welcoming. It’s just a lovely community. I’m so lucky to be a part of it.
Secondly, yesterday was my little blogs birthday! A whole year on WordPress. I can’t really believe that either! I can’t believe I was asleep when these notifications came through. Nevermind. Happy birthday (and 1 day) to my little space on the internet. I have big hopes for the future and I really hope you will all stick with me to see it happen.
I started this blog to keep track of what I’ve been reading and doing, a little online diary as it were. But, I never expected to learn so much from different people, from all walks of life. I’ve seen photos of places I’ll probably never get to experience. I’ve heard about books that we are all passionate about, shared our memories and experiences of them, as well as our dislikes.
Finally, I just need to say…
Big love x
I cannot believe that I received this WordPress notification last night:
So, I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has ever followed, liked or commented on a post of mine. I never expected any kind of reaction or feedback. I didn’t think anyone would read what I blogged about, let alone follow my blog to read my bits and bobs daily. After all, there are millions of blogs out there.
I started my blog on May 25th 2015 with no expectations and no clue as to what I was doing. Looking back at some of my earlier posts you can kind of tell! But, it’s been a learning process for me, and the blogging community I’ve interacted with so far have all been wonderful. Thanks for making my welcome to blogging to lovely!
There are so amazing blogs out there, and I feel really privileged to have my blog bobbing along in the internet world with them.
Thank you again, I’m genuinely so shocked and happy at the same time. After all I’m just writing about things I love. It makes me happy, and knowing that others enjoy my posts too, is an added bonus. I genuinely feel like this:
BIG LOVE TO ALL x
Filed under Blog, Follows