Hope you’re all doing really well and enjoying the best that May has to offer. I’ve reached half term! What a massive relief.
Anyway, today I received a really exciting notification.
I can’t believe my little blog is three years old! I’m quite shocked at how my little space on the web has evolved over the last three years. It’s something I’m incredibly proud of and I’m proud of being a part of this amazing community.
There’s so many bloggers I’d like to thank but I hope you know how important you are to me. We’re like a family on here and the support is overwhelming. Some of you have been with me since my first day and I’ll never forget that. To my newer followers, I can’t wait to get to know you better and join in with your journey too.
To mark the three years, I thought I would share three facts about me and blogging with you all.
- I’ve only ever reviewed about books I’ve bought myself. I take great enjoyment from visiting bookshops, feeling the books in my hand and buying them. There’s nothing better!
- I never follow a blogging schedule. I blog when I can and when I feel like it. There’s been times when life gets in the way and I just don’t seem to have the ability to find the words I need, so I’ve left it. That’s completely normal.
- I will always aspire to do better: to see more, to read more, to do something outside of my ordinary world. That’s why I started to blog about different places I’ve visited. I really enjoyed seeing beautiful photos from all around the world from many blogs on here. There isn’t enough time to see everything so I really appreciate those posts. I hope my posts about little visits give you an opportunity to see somewhere new. Just think about the beauty we can share together.
Lastly, my heartfelt thanks. Thank you for accepting me and my little space on the internet with open arms. You’re all wonderful.
Big love xxx
Filed under Birthday, Blog
I hope you’re all well and having a productive week. I was working away today when I noticed the following notification:
I’m genuinely gobsmacked! I can’t quite believe it nor can I really understand it. However, I am truly grateful. I’ve met some amazing bloggers here. It’s a community I feel privileged to be a small part of.
Some of you fabulous people have been with me since day one when I really had no idea what I was doing. I just posted about random books and places I’d visited, almost like an open memory book. The acceptance and the support is really humbling.
To my first followers and those who are always so active, thank you for being patient when I disappear, for recognising my returns and letting me know that it’s ok when life gets in the way. To my newbie followers, thanks for joining and spending time here. I hope we become wonderful blogging pals. To those I’m yet to meet, I look forward to making your acquaintance.
Without sounding like a broken record, thank you. To celebrate I bought myself this amazing unicorn mug. (Ignore the end-of-work hair and tired eyes!)
Big love xxx
Filed under Blog, Follows
Happy Saturday. Today I realised some really exciting news… I’ve reached 900 followers. I genuinely can’t believe it. When I started my little blog I don’t really think I had any idea what I was doing really. I read a few books, visited a few places and thought I’d just write about it, almost like an online diary. Little did I know what I would learn and who I would stumble across.
Today I had a day away, I popped to Newcastle to see the amazing Souter Lighthouse. Despite the spirals and the stairs, it was amazing. The views were lovely. I got lucky and saw a rainbow.
I’ve never been in a lighthouse before but it really is awesome! I highly recommend it actually. On a sunny day you can see for miles. I enjoyed seeing the tide come in. There’s something about hearing the sea against the rocks; the continuous ebb and flow. I even took a smooth pebble home to remember my little trip.
So, 900 followers and a trip to a lighthouse. Not bad for a quiet September Saturday.
Big love to you all. Thanks for being a part of my journey.
Happy Friday! I guess I’m completely shocked at the news that my little space on the internet now has over 800 followers. I can’t believe it!
Thank you so much for all the support. I know I say this all the time. I do genuinely feel so humbled. There are some amazing blogs out there, as well as amazing bloggers that I’m so lucky to have stumbled across. I feel quite privileged to know you all.
Also, without sounding horribly soppy, there are some bloggers that have been with me since my first post over two years ago now. Thanks for sticking with me and leaving me messages when I’ve been absent. It means everything. (I’m clearly emotional anyway because my Year 11s are finishing today, pretty much!)
So, because there are 800 people following me, I thought I would give you 8 bookish facts about me.
1. I still haven’t stopped talking about the new Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone covers. It’s only 10 days now until the birthday. Can. Not. Wait.
2. I’m currently reading the third instalment of The Sinclair’s Mysteries by Katherine Woodfine. These have to be some of the most beautiful covers ever. I owe finding these books so a blogger as well. Thank you Claire, as always.
3. I really get invested into characters when I’m reading. I’ll love them, hate them, feel frustrated with them, want to knock some sense into them, want to be a part of their ‘gang’ etc. It feels like I actually know them. Which may seem slightly crazy…
4. Whenever people buy me books, I like them to sign it and date it at least on the inside. A little message is always lovely to receive. It becomes a keepsake and I treasure them forever. However, my mum refuses to do this! She’s also stopped buying me books because apparently it’s too difficult. Hmm.
5. I tend to carry a book around with me. You never know when you may get chance to read something.
6. The first and only proper author I’ve ever met was Jacqueline Wilson. I loved her growing up. I’ve got 3 books signed by her too. She’s so lovely!
7. I’ve got a vast collection of book marks. I tend to pick them up wherever I go really. I’ll keep an eye out for pretty ones too.
8. I have a genuine belief that books can change lives. Nothing will make me question that. Ever.
So that’s that! 8 bookish facts for my 800 super followers! I guess that just leaves me to say thank you! Enjoy Friday everyone! Make it a good one!
Big love xxx
Filed under Blog, Follows
I hope you’re well. I’ve had a crazy busy week with the two English Literature GCSE exams so I missed the fact that it was my blogs 2nd birthday on the 25th. I’m only 2 days late…
I can’t believe I’ve been on here for two years now. Unbelievable. Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming. I’ve communicated with some fascinating people. Without you, my experience wouldn’t have been as amazing!
I feel like a bit of a fraud… I don’t read as much as I used to and I definitely don’t bake as much as I used to. But, I blog when I can. I like to think my blog has become more than that anyway. Thank you for being so accepting of that fact! I’m sorry I miss posts and discussions. I do try and catch up. The love and support from the blogging community is wonderful. With summer approaching, I will try and increase my time with you all.
To celebrate this little birthday I’m currently reading Into The Water by Paula Hawkins. I’m very excited about this I have to say. LOVED The Girl on the Train so I have high hopes! My plan for this half term is to read as much as I can, preferably in the sunshine (if it stays).
My (hopeful) reading list:
- Finish Into The Water
- The Keeper of Lost Things – Ruth Hogan
- Thirteen Reasons Why – Jay Asher
- Millions – Frank Cottrell Boyce (a work related read!)
It’s small and humble, but realistic. I get really saddened because I’m usually too tired to read. I know that my aim of reading 100 books a year is slightly optimstic. I’ve only done it once out of two years. So, I think this list is a good way of not being overwhelmed or frustrated with myself.
Thanks for sticking around for the past two years. Here’s to the future!
Big love xx
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas filled with love and happiness. I had a lovely day with my parents and a flying visit to my nan. It was just wonderful really. I wish the same for you all too.
I couldn’t believe it when I saw I reached 700 followers on Christmas Day. I’m so shocked! I don’t think I deserve 700 lovely followers. I’m unpredictable, unreliable almost, but with the best intentions and a lot of love for this community. Thank you for continuing to stick by me even though I vanish for weeks on end. I promise you I am trying to sort my work/life balance. I’ll get there eventually.
Anyway, you guys are so awesome! To show my appreciation, I’ve uploaded a picture of my gorgeous bunny, Smudge in his Christmas hat. I hope you find this as cute as I do!
Big love to all xx
Filed under Blog, Follows
I can’t believe it but my little space on the net has now got 600 followers. Thank you SO much. I’m really grateful.
I started this blog as a bit of a memory thing or archive I guess for books and places I’ve been etc for myself. I can’t believe what it’s turned into. However, to know I’ve got some lovely, talented bloggers stopping by really makes my day. I really admire so many of you!
So, thanks for sticking around and putting up with me!
To mark the occasion I’ve added a photo of me in Marco Pierre White’s infamous chair from his Stratford upon Avon restaurant. It’s pretty amazing – the food not my photo! (Apologies for the dodgy sun tanand laughing-screwed-up-face look…but at least it’s natural!)
I hope September brings you lots of happiness as ever!
Big love xx