How are you all doing? I hope you’re embracing July but I am wondering where the sunshine has gone! I’m also quite shocked that after this week, we have one full week left at school. I’ve not seen the majority of my colleagues since March and I do miss them. Such strange times indeed! I’m so glad I’ve got you guys really.
First of all, I was really surprised to notice that I’ve got 2000 followers now! Wow!! 2000 of you lovely people like my small patch on the internet. Thank you so much! I’m so grateful and honoured. You’re all awesome!
So this week I turned thirty! The big 30! It sounds silly but I’m genuinely shocked. Where has the time gone? I don’t feel any different really. Should I? I always strive to be the best I can be so in that sense nothing has changed. Anyway, before this turns into a barbled stream of consciousness of what I should be feeling and thinking, I wanted to share with you some snaps of the day and my list of 30 things I’d like to do in the next year. It’s changed a fair bit due to the current epidemic but I am fairly settled with it now. I like a list so this was a perfect present to myself!
30 Things I’d Like To Do In The Next Year
– Go to a book signing of a writer I like
– Read all 23 of The World of Peter Rabbit Collection books
– Visit a new country
– Make a donation to charity
– See a show on opening night
– Plant a tree
– Explore somewhere new in the UK
– Sit in row 1 on a plane
– Re-read all the Harry Potter books
– Visit Red House
– Visit a castle
– Name a star
– Watch the sunrise
– Record a video for my future self
– Eat at a Michelin star restaurant
– Write a sentence every single day for a month
– Have afternoon tea at the Ritz in London (or equivalent)
– Go to a Christmas market
– Achieve and maintain target weight
– Complete the Banksy Trail in Bristol
– Have a zoo keeper experience
– Stay in a National Trust cottage
– Read one of the ultimate classic novels
– Write a story about the animals that visit us at home
– Buy a milestone handbag
– Buy the site for my blog
– Do a random act of kindness
– Leave a note in a book for someone to find
– Read a book published on my birthday
– Adopt an animal
I’m quite pleased with the variety in that list. I’ve been doing parts of this before my birthday. I’d plan visiting new places to break up the terms but of course, lockdown prevented most of that. You all know that I’ve been re-reading the Harry Potter books and reliving my childhood youth with that. I spent a day reading the Peter Rabbit Collection and made a decision about which my favourite is: Mrs Tittlemouse. I found my visit to Hill Top so inspiring last year. It’s magical seeing the places that inspired such amazing tales. They’ve been a staple of many childhoods, that’s for sure. Lastly, I donated my birthday money to Mind, a charity that is very close to my heart. If you’d also like to donate or research the work of the charity, click here.
It would be awesome if my fellow blogging friends could recommend a classic read for me. There’s so many but what do you think is the ultimate classic? What would you suggest for that?
If you’ve got any suggestions for anything in the list, let me know!
Lastly, please join me to celebrate my birthday by having one of my favourite things in the world: cake! Mine was seriously cute! 🦔
Take care everyone! I’ll be back for more reviews soon!
Big love all xx