I’m sorry I’ve been so quiet for a few days, I went back to my old school for results day. I’m so proud of my Year 11s. Hard work pays off! Anyway, I’ve got some free time now so I’m back!
I was tagged by the lovely Sumana @ An Artsy Appetite for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. Thank you so much! I need to apologise for the amount of time it’s taken me to do this. Thank you so much and I’m sorry!!
Here are the rules:
1) Display the award on your blog/website.
2) Announce your win and post the link and thank the person who nominated you.
3) Present/Pass on the award to deserving bloggers
4) Drop them a comment and let them know that you’ve nominated them.
5)Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 Interesting things about me!
1. I love a good thunderstorm. I genuinely think you can’t quite beat it. It clears the air and somehow, it just feels different after a storm, as if some of the pressure has been lifted. This has been brought back intomy consciousness because of the number of thunderstorms we’ve had in the past couple of days.
2. I write a lot of lists. I can’t live without them. I have lists about lists. Of course, they are all written on pretty paper or colourful post it notes. The reminder to complete this blog post when I was back from work, was written on a list.
3. I like to grow things. As a family we grow all kinds of fruit and vegetables. This summer we have had a brilliant crop of potatoes. I’m currently growing a lemon tree. He’s doubled in size since I bought him a couple of months ago, and I’ve had two lemons from him. He’s called Lionel.
4. I’m a bit ‘OCD’ about things. I have to have things in their right places and in order or I don’t really function too well. My books and DVDs are in alphabetical order for example. As I always say: a tidy house is a tidy mind!
5. When I was little, I had really long, straight hair that I could sit on. But, because I wouldn’t brush it, or let anyone else brush it, my mum took me to the hairdressers to have it cut into a bob. It took so long that I fell asleep and it was cut with a kink in it. I had to have it cut again the next day! I wasn’t a happy bunny. However, my hair did go on to make a nice wig. Also, I’ve never had naturally straight hair since then.
6. Hay-on-Wye, Hereford, is one of my favourite places. It’s where I go on book pilgrimages with my dad. There’s so many quirky and interesting shops. I’ve attached a photo at the bottom of one of my favourites. It’s just so amazing there. I’ve genuinely never seen a place like it.
7. I try to live life being a nice, honest, friendly person. I think you should always treat people as you wish to be treated back. The world would be a better place if we were all kind to one another.
I hope my answers have been different again and acceptable! I nominate the following blogs for this award:
Jesse @ Books at Dawn
Nicola @ Literary Ramblings
Mara @ Across the Books
Claire @ Coffee Bookworm
Please feel free to ignore if you’ve done this before or if you’re too busy. Having a couple of days away means I’ve no idea who has been nominated for what!
Big love xx